Connect with us

Culture

Protesting Students In Karnataka Allowed Entry With Hijab Inside The Campus

Published

on

Anushka Pathak – Mumbai Uncensored, 7th February 2022

In December last year, some girl students started coming to a government school in Udupi district wearing Hijab, against the prescribed uniform norm.

In protest against the violation of the dress code, a section of Hindu students also started coming to classes wearing saffron shawls.

Even before the matter could be resolved, the hijab-saffron shawl controversy spread to more pre-university colleges in the state. The issue took a political turn with the political parties in the state indulging in mudslinging.

Government PU College, Kundapura has now allowed entry to students wearing hijab inside the campus on Monday. Although, they will be seated in separate classrooms. The development committee of Kundapura Government PU college has decided to make a separate classroom for Muslim girls who have been demanding that they must be allowed to wear hijab inside the campus.

The Karnataka government has obliged to make uniforms mandatory for students attending classes in educational institutions. In case a uniform is not prescribed by management committees, it has been ordered that students should wear dresses that go well with the idea of equality and unity, and does not disturb the social order.

Karnataka Education Minister BC Nagesh on Sunday said that the students who are unwilling to adhere to the uniform dress code are at liberty to explore other options.

Nagesh told the reporters in Mysuru, “just as rules are followed in the military, the same is to be done here (in educational institutions) as well. Options are open for those who are not willing to follow it, which they can make use of.” 

The minister had appealed to the students to not become tools in the hands of political parties.

The Bommai government on Saturday had issued a circular banning clothes which disturbed peace, harmony and law and order in the educational institutions across the state.

Nagesh said the government felt the need to clarify this matter and issued a circular. He also clarified that the students can come to the school wearing Hijab, but inside the campus, they have to place them in their bags.

He said, wondering why the problem emerged all of a sudden when students of all the faiths were coming to schools wearing uniforms, everyone was learning and playing together with a sense of equality but never ever had religious differences cropped up.

According to Nagesh, trouble began in December when some children in Udupi were provoked to wear Hijab saying ‘Sharia’ (Islamic law) asks for such a dress code and they were duty-bound to abide by it. The minister further said that many children were asked to do so but a majority of them did not agree to it.

“In Udupi school where the incident occurred, out of the 92 Muslim children, only six girls came wearing Hijab, other children came to the school wearing their school uniform,” he said.

Rejecting the Congress party’s accusations that the BJP government does not want Muslim students to continue their studies, Nagesh pointed out that the Karnataka Education Act was not brought by the BJP but Congress. The minister also urged the party not to create divisions in the society for political gains.

In Kalaburagi district headquarters town, Muslim girls led by the Congress MLA Kaneez Fathima staged a protest on Saturday demanding permission to allow female students in the schools and pre-university colleges to wear Hijab.

While Congress backed the Muslim girls citing constitutional rights guaranteed, the BJP stood against wearing of ‘Hijab’ in classes with its state president saying the state government will not allow Talibanisation of the education system.

The Karnataka High Court will hear the petitions filed by five girls studying in a Government Pre-university College in Udupi on February 8, questioning the hijab restriction in college.

Culture

Qutub Minar Excavation Reports Denied By the Ministry

Published

on

Following the Gyanvapi Mosque survey reports said that the government had asked the Archaeological Survey of India to conduct excavations to ascertain the builder of the minaret.

Khushi Shah – Mumbai Uncensored, 23rd May 2022

Union Minister of Culture, GK Reddy has denied media reports that his ministry has asked the Archaeological Survey of India (ASI) to conduct an excavation at the Qutub Minar complex to ascertain the facts behind its origin. “No such decision has been taken,” 

After the Gyanvapi Mosque survey, a controversy erupted over Delhi’s Qutub Minar. Some believe it was erected as a tower of victory to signify the beginning of the Muslim rule in India. Others say it served as a minaret to the muezzins to call the faithful to prayer. Dharamveer Sharma, the former Regional Director of the Archaeological Survey of India (ASI), recently claimed that Qutub Minar was actually Surya Stambh a “sun tower” 

Dharamveer Sharma is one of the most respected archaeologists in India. He has served as Superintending Archaeologist in the Delhi division of ASI three times. As per a report in Hindi daily Jagran, he had worked extensively on the conservation of Qutub Minar and went inside the Minaret multiple times. He said he had seen Devanagari writing in the inner parts of the minaret. Every year on June 21, he takes astronomers to the complex.

History states that the Qutub Minar was built in the beginning of the 13th century by Quṭb al-Din Aibak and completed by his successor, Iltutmish. He said it was erected by Emperor Vikramaditya, not the Mughals. He presented a 20-point fact sheet to prove his theory that Qutub Minar was an observatory.

The origins of Qutab Minar are shrouded in controversy. According to certain groups, Qutub Minar was earlier a site of Hindu and Jain temples. 

Two weeks ago, members of a right-wing group recited the Hanuman Chalisa outside the Qutub Minar complex and staged a protest demanding that the iconic monument be renamed ‘Vishnu Stambha’. 

International working president of United Hindu Front, Bhagwan Goyal, alleged that the Qutub Minar is the ‘Vishnu Stambha’, which was built by the “great king Vikramaditya”. “But later, Qutubuddin Aibak claimed credit for it. There were 27 temples in the complex and those were destroyed by Aibak. Proof of all this is available as people can find idols of Hindu gods kept in the Qutub Minar complex. Our demand is that Qutub Minar should be called as Vishnu Stambha,” Culture Secretary Govind Mohan had visited the monument on Saturday and had spent over two hours at the monument along with a team of senior officials and historians to discuss aspects related to the upkeep of the Qutub Minar complex

Recently, it was reported that last month a letter was written by the National Monument Authority to the ASI on moving two idols of the Hindu deity Ganesha out of the complex, “owing to their disrespectful placement”, and the idols were relocated to Quwwat-ul-Islam mosque.National Monuments Authority chief Tarun Vijay, who is also a member of the Bharatiya Janata Party and a former member of the Rajya Sabha, had said that the placement of the idols was disrespectful. “I visited the site several times and realised that the placement of the idols is disrespectful,” he said. “They come near the feet of the mosque visitors.”Delhi court had last month directed the ASI not to remove two idols of Lord Ganesha from the Qutub Minar complex till further directions. A plea was filed in a Delhi Court against the removal of the idols by advocate Hari Shankar Jain on behalf of Jain deity Tirthankar Lord Rishabh Dev claiming that 27 temples were partly demolished by Qutubdin Aibak, a general in the army of Mohamad Gauri, and Quwwat-ul-Islam Mosque was raised inside the complex by reusing the material. The court had directed the Archaeological Survey of India to maintain a status quo till further hearing of the case. It is also an established fact that Quwwat-Ul-Islam Masjid was built atop existing temples but the property was not being used for any religious purposes and no prayers were being offered here.

The court had observed that wrongs may have been committed in the past, “but such wrongs cannot be the basis for disturbing peace of our present and future”

Continue Reading

Culture

‘‘Music can take you to the pinnacle of patriotism and duty’’ – PM Modi after receiving Lata Deenanath Mangeshkar award.

Published

on

KHUSHI SHAH – Mumbai Uncensored, 25th April 2022

The Prime Minister had tweeted on Saturday evening,  “Tomorrow evening, I will be in Mumbai where I will  receive the 1st Lata Deenanath Mangeshkar Award. I am  grateful and humbled by this honour associated with Lata  Didi. She always dreamt of a strong and prosperous India  and contributed to nation-building.’  

24th April 2022 marked the institution of this award in  memory and honour of the legendary singer who passed  away at the age of 92 years in Mumbai earlier this year. It  incidentally also marks the 80th death anniversary of  Master Deenanath Mangeshkar, the singing legend’s  father.  

Lata Mangeshkar along with being an empress of music,  was like an elder sister to Narendra Modi, and a symbol of  oneness that brought together the entire country with her  iconic tunes. Dedicating the Lata Mangeshkar award  bestowed on him to “all the countrymen”, Modi said “As 

Lata Didi belonged to people, this award given to me in  her name also belongs to people”.  

The Master Deenanath Mangeshkar Smruti Pratishthan  Charitable Trust had said in a statement that the award  will be given every year to an individual “who has made  path-breaking, spectacular and exemplary contributions  to our nation, its people and our society.” 

Empowering the arts, this award aims to honour legends  from the field of music, drama, art, medical and social  work. Touching his government’s philosophy “Sabka  Saath, Sabka Vikas , Sabka Vishwas and Sabka Prayas” and  the concept of ‘Vasudhaiv Kutumbakam’, Modi said that  such a notion of development could not be achieved by  just material capabilities, ‘’For this spiritual consciousness  is critically important.’’ That’s why we see India providing  leadership in areas like yoga and Ayurveda. Similarly, our  Indian music is also an important part of this heritage  alive with the same values and can be used as medium of  world peace and conformity.  

Lata Mangeshkar as a part of the Indian film world  witnessed the transitions of the industry for decades and  was always passionate about India’s growth. ‘’She always  wanted to see a strong and developed India,” Added  Modi.  

As an international statesman who has not only put India  on the path of global leadership, but kick started progress  in every aspect and dimension our entire country is driven  

and inspired by him. As one of the most influential  leaders of our times instituting the award to him makes  everyone see the power of music by paying tributes to the  legendary singer, who always dreamt of a strong and  prosperous India.

Continue Reading

Culture

शनिवारवाड्याची दुरावस्था : जबाबदार कोण?

Published

on

Akash Swarup Sonawane – Mumbai Uncensored, 11th April 2022

दिनांक १७ जून १९१९ रोजी महाराष्ट्रातील राष्ट्रीय संरक्षित स्मारक म्हणून घोषित केला गेलेला शनिवारवाडा महाराष्ट्रातील पुणे शहरातील एक ऐतिहासिक वास्तू आहे. मराठा साम्राज्याचे पंतप्रधान, अर्थात पेशवे यांचे निवासस्थान तसेच कार्यालय असणारा आणि महाराष्ट्राचा इतिहास वास्तुरूपी जिवंत ठेवणारा हिंदवी स्वराज्याचा अंश शनिवारवाडा हा सध्या फक्त एक पर्यटनस्थळ म्हणून राहिलेला आहे.

शनिवारवाडा मराठा साम्राज्याच्या वैभवाचा, विजयाचा, पराक्रमाचा आणि इतिहासाचा साक्षीदार आहे. पेशव्यांचा शनिवारवाड्या ने जसे सोनेरी दिवस पाहिले तसेच वाईट दिवस ही पाहिले आहेत. शनिवार वाड्याच्या राजेशाही वैभवासाठी आणि हिंदवी स्वराज्याच्या अस्तित्वासाठी अनेक मराठ्यांनी आपले प्राण पणाला लावले. पेशव्यांच्या ब्रिटिश, निझामशाही आणि पोर्तुगीजांविरोधी मोहिमा जगभरात प्रसिद्ध आहेत. हिंदूंच्या संरक्षणासाठी पेशव्यांचे योगदान मोठे मोलाचे आहे. त्यांचे हे  वास्तूरुपी अस्तित्व टिकवून ठेवणे आणि त्याचे संवर्धन करणे ही काळाची गरज आहे.

शासकीय यंत्रणांनी या वास्तू कडे पूर्णपणे दुर्लक्ष केले आहे. स्थानिक प्रतिनिधींनी लक्ष घालून शनिवारवाड्याची दुरुस्ती करुन त्याचे अस्तित्व मलिन होण्यापासून थांबवावे आणि ते टिकवून ठेवण्यासाठी येथील सुरक्षा वाढवावी असे सॅफ्रन थिंक टॅंक चे संस्थापक सिद्धांत मोहिते यांनी त्यांच्या पुणे दौऱ्या दरम्यान सांगितले. येथील भिंतींची दुरावस्था झाली आहे. तरुण जोडपे येथे आपले नावे लिहून जात असल्याने या वास्तूचा अपमान होऊन दिवसेंदिवस शोभा हरवत चालली आहे. या वास्तूचे गांभीर्य येथे येणाऱ्या लोकांमध्ये असणे गरजेचे आहे. हे सर्व थांबवण्यासाठी, दुरुस्तीसाठी आणि टिकवून ठेवण्यासाठी योग्य ती उपाय योजना तातडीने राबवण्याची मागणी सॅफ्रन थिंक टॅंक या संघटनेने केली आहे.

केंद्रीय पुरातत्त्व विभागाकडून शनिवारवाड्याची देखभाल दुरुस्ती, स्वच्छता केली जात नाही व दुसऱ्यांनाही करू दिली जात नाही. पुरातत्व खात्यास जमत नसेल तर स्वच्छता करण्याची परवानगी आम्हाला द्यावी, अशी मागणी क्रिएटिव्ह फाउंडेशनने पुरातत्त्व विभागाचे अधिकारी गजानन मंडावरे यांच्याकडे केली आहे. 

शनिवारवाड्यात जाण्यासाठी २५ रुपये शुल्क आकारले जाते. पण शनिवारवाड्यातील सर्व माहिती फलक पुसट झाले आहेत. कारंज्यात घाण साचली आहे, वाहने लावण्यासाठी योग्य नियोजन नसल्याने नागरिकांचे वाद होत असताना सुरक्षा रक्षक बघ्याची भूमिका घेतात. शनिवारवाड्यातील लाइट अँड साउंड शो बंद आहे तो पुन्हा सुरु करावा, अशी मागणी क्रिएटिव्ह फाउंडेशनचे अध्यक्ष संदीप खर्डेकर यांनी केली. शनिवारवाड्यात छोटी कामे केल्यास तेथील स्वच्छता होऊ शकते, पण आम्ही काही करणार नाही आणि कोणाला काही करु देणार नाही, अशी भूमिका आपल्या खात्याची आहे. आमच्या संस्थेला स्वच्छतेसाठी परवानगी द्यावी आम्ही शनिवारवाड्याचे पावित्र्य राखू अशी मागणी खर्डेकर यांनी पुरातत्त्व खात्याकडे केली आहे. असे ‘सकाळ’ या वृत्तसंस्थेने स्पष्ट केले आहे.

Continue Reading

Trending