Connect with us

Trending

Republic TV publishes statement regarding the absence of Arnab Goswami

Published

on

Nicole Ryall, Mumbai Uncensored, 19th June 2021:

Republic TV stated on Friday (June 18), more than a month after Arnab Goswami’s last appearance on the channel, that he will host his prime time discussion at 9 p.m. beginning June 21. The news comes as a huge comfort to his followers, who have been waiting for him to appear on television.

Arnab Goswami was last seen on May 2 during a debate about the state legislative elections in West Bengal. Arnab Goswami was heard saying in a video shared by Republic TV, “Beyond a point of time, I would not mind my language. I will not hold my tongue beyond a certain point of time. I won’t be threatened beyond a certain point in time. The reason I’ve decided to do it alone. I’m out there with a group of young crusaders in journalism, and we’re breaking the laws of journalism.”

“Today, I want to reassure each of them that I have the people’s support and that I am not afraid. Arnab Goswami has declared, “Ya Bharat ke logo ki jeet hai (This is the victory of the people of India).” The audio and graphics utilised in the movie were shot after the journalist was released from an illegal police detention in Mumbai.

“We have been overwhelmed with calls, emails, and messages from our fans about our Editor-in-Chief Arnab Goswami,” Republic Media Network said earlier in the day. At 4 p.m., we’ll make a statement on our official social media accounts.”

Republic TV said on Wednesday that it will be extending its foreign base and hiring 120 journalists from around the world. “We are proud to announce R. GLOBAL! India’s largest & most loved news brand R. is now going GLOBAL! We are rapidly expanding our international base with over 120 journalists from across the globe to deliver world-class content & investigations to our viewers,” stated the tweet.

“Arnab is personally devoted to the expansion of Indian media in the global market,” the statement continued. The first step in that approach is R. GLOBAL.” The post fueled fresh suspicion regarding the whereabouts of Arnab Goswami, the founder and Editor-in-Chief of Republic TV.

Trending

Mumbai Activist detained from objecting the falling of a 60 years-old tree

Published

on

Activist Abhay Bavishi of Save Aarey group has been detained to question authorities

Akankshya Mukherjee, Mumbai Uncensored, 24th January 2022 :

Mumbai Green Activist and member of the Save Aarey Group, Abhay Bavishi was detained to question by the authorities to question when a peepal tree was hacked in Gaothan Area of Vile Parle (E). The heritage tree is said to be about 60 years old, which was fully chopped by the East ward officials of the Brihanmumbai Municipal Corporation (BMC).

Abhay Bavishi says “I had gone to the site today after hearing that the big peepal tree was about to be fully cut by the K-East ward officials. The municipal gardens official, Pradeep Jadhav, had showed me the tree cutting order which was dated from 2018. I tried to reason with the civic officials that I had been writing to the BMC since 2017-18 to not cut this particular tree. Green activists have also filed RTI applications to find out why a heritage tree in the gaothan area in Vile Parle (east) had been destroyed”.

He further adds “Police told me to go to the ward office to complain. However, I reasoned that by the time I could do this, this grand old tree would have been hacked to death. That is when the cops forcibly pushed me inside their vehicle, while this tree was cut”.




Another activist Zoru Bhathena, in a tweet, questioned the cutting of the tree. In a tweet, he said, “BMC KE ward is cutting a roadside tree at Vile Parle phatak on a 2018 permission issued to BMC to BMC itself. They claim tree is coming in way of traffic If traffic was not obstructed for so many years how come in 2022 it is obstructing?”.

Another local activist, Jude Dsouza said “It is very suspicious why the civic ward office decided to execute the 2018 order now. Over the years, we have also filed RTIs on this issue in order to save this peepal tree; but did not receive a proper formal reply. We are now appealing to environment minister Aditya Thackeray to take action against those who killed this heritage tree, since it is nearly 100 years old”.

While the assistant commissioner of the K-East ward, Mr Prashant Sapkale was unavailable for comment, the civic garden official, Mr Pradeep Jadhav told “I cannot comment on this subject to the media. You can contact the ward office in this regard”.

Continue Reading

Health

Thane Municipal Corporation served legal notice over current water crisis in Ghodbundar District

Published

on

Shashwat Mishra – Mumbai Uncensored, 22nd January 2022

Two residents of Ghodbunder district have served legal notice to Thane Municipal Corporation for the water crisis faced by the residents of the locality. According to the two residents, the municipal corporation has failed to complete its promise made to the High court in 2017 wherein it had promised to form a committee to look into the water crisis of Ghodbunder district, following which the court had permitted to give a go ahead to the development works on the road that were stopped for over a year due to the water crisis. 

The residents, Dattatray Ghadage, resident of Manorama Nagar and Madhu Narayananunni, resident of Kavesar, have asked the corporation to form a committee within seven days and conduct a meeting or else they would be filing a contempt petition in the High Court against the municipal corporation. The excerpt of the notice states, “The court, while disposing of the petition, had asked the civic body to form a committee with concerned officials to discuss the water woes and create public awareness of such a committee. The TMC has formed no such committee and it has also failed to supply adequate water to this suburb. Issuing Commencement Certificate to new constructions will affect the right of the existing tax paying citizen to adequate water.” 

One of the officials from the water department on the other hand says, that they haven’t received the notice yet, he said, “We have not yet received the letter. However, we provide 100MLD of water to the Ghodbunder area, which is sufficient to meet the water requirement of this area.” 

The matter dates back to the year 2016 when the aforementioned residents filed a PIL in the High Court regarding water cuts due to the poor planning of the civic body for construction on the Ghodbunder road, the High Court took cognizance of the matter and had stalled the construction works along the Ghodbunder road, following which, the High Court directed the civic body to file an affidavit, stating the data of water connections and water supply management of the body. Following this the civic body filed its reply and eventually in 2017 the High Court disposed off the petition by imposing certain conditions to be fulfilled by the Thane Municipal Corporation. 

Continue Reading

Trending

US Flight turns midway as passenger refuses to wear mask

Published

on

Zero tolerance policy towards people who reject to follow COVID 19 protocols on country’s domestic flights

Akankshya Mukherjee : Mumbai Uncensored, 21st January 2022

American Airlines jetliner which was travelling from Miami to London turned around when a passenger refused to wear a mask following the COVID 19 protocols. American Airlines Flight 38 returned to Miami because of a disruptive passenger refused to wear a mask during the flight said the airline.

Police were awaiting when Boeing 777 with 129 passengers and 14 cabin-crew members on board landed to Miami was reported. When the flight landed, the police escorted the passenger off the plane, the police official informs. Further to add on, the passenger has been barred to travel with the American Airlines in future.

Federal Aviation Administration states in January 2022 that it would follow zero tolerance policy towards people who reject to follow COVID 19 protocols, federal rules mandating wearing of mask on country’s domestic flights. This news comes after the flight attendants, cabin crew members report about the high number of cases of physical and verbal abuse from travelers refuse to wearing masks.

The pilot decided to return the flight to Miami because of the passenger arguing with cabin crew members. The flight was also cancelled and the travelers had to rebook a future flight

said the airline’s spokesperson. “The flight landed safely at MIA where local law enforcement met the aircraft. We thank our crew for their professionalism and apologize to our customers for the inconvenience” the airlines says. Another passenger Steve Freeman says that the woman was verbally abusing the flight crew member. He says “She sat behind us in first class. She was a first-class passenger and was extremely abusive to the stewards, who was flying home to London. I could see the writing on the wall — they gave her a lot of warnings, so we were kind of ready for it”. He further adds that the flight attendants tried offering various masks but she was complaining about every mask.

Det. Argemis Colome of Miami Dade Police Department says that the police were contacted by the Airlines. Further adds that the police officers met the plane when it returned, she was not arrested or charged against though. “We thank our crew for their professionalism and apologize to our customers for the inconvenience” the American Airlines said.

Continue Reading

Trending